Author Topic: Jenny Rolfe books  (Read 2887 times)

Offline CremeBrulee

• Joined-September
  • Expired Membership
Jenny Rolfe books
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
Anyone here have them and rate one over the other? Im rather interested but not sure which to buy! Thankyou  :)

Offline jools

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
Re: Jenny Rolfe books
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »
Have read one - quite interesting but my complaint is a little odd - the book was too big!! Lots of lovely pictures etc but not a nice size for reading in bed lol

Offline Flyingfox

• Joined-February
  • Expired Membership
  • EET Level 2
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »
I read her book "Ride from the heart" a few years ago. I really loved it tbh.
I went to her for a 3 hour day session  with her stallion but found that to be empty of content and too lacking in direction for my taste. 
Its not what you do, but the way that you do it.

’If the horse is trained by force, force will be required to ride it.’
– Egon von Neindorff

Offline yvonnemzz

• Joined- January
  • EE Teachers
    • Riding with Reason
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
I have also read Ride from the Heart, but that is the only one. I liked a lot of the stuff in it but found that I did the opposite to Jenny with my breathing techniques. ie  I breath 'in' to motivate the horse and breath 'out' to slow or stop the horse. However, after experimenting with both methods I found I actually got the same results with both methods  :cc_confused:
Interesting read with some nice explanations about contact and stretching.
EET Level 3 and Saddle Agent (South Carolina USA) Monty Roberts Intro Certificate Holder (Natural Horsemanship) www.ridingwithreason.co.uk
EE Simulator lessons now available

Offline CremeBrulee

• Joined-September
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Given that I forget to breathe at all when Im concentrating in or out would be good!!!

Offline Debbie

• EE-Online Shop Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »
Jenny gave me the first copy when I worked for her,your welcome to borrow it if you want to
I used to have to lunge using the breathing technique but I couldn't get on with it so lunged my way and Maestu  (her horse) went as well either way lol

Offline yvonnemzz

• Joined- January
  • EE Teachers
    • Riding with Reason
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:12:16 AM »

I used to have to lunge using the breathing technique but I couldn't get on with it so lunged my way and Maestu  (her horse) went as well either way lol

That's what I found, Debbie. Isn't it strange?
EET Level 3 and Saddle Agent (South Carolina USA) Monty Roberts Intro Certificate Holder (Natural Horsemanship) www.ridingwithreason.co.uk
EE Simulator lessons now available

Offline georgiegirl

• Joined-April
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »
I loved The first book Ride from the Heart. I have the Breathe life into your Riding ( i think thats correct title) also lovely book but i found it harder going for some reason, that may have been where my head was at the time mind you. Both lovely books.

Offline lacey

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »
I have the Breathe life into your Riding ( i think thats correct title) also lovely book but i found it harder going for some reason
Only flicked through a friends copy but, not being a mum myself, did think I may of wandered into a birthing book lol!! bit too 'fluffy' for me but nice pictures.

Offline Bradders

• Joined- January
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »
I have Ride from The Heart - I liked it to begin with, but then just couldn't get on with it :rolleyes:I don't even know why - so I gave up mid way through and it is still in my pile of horsey books to read when I get the time :)