Author Topic: Rider Wanted  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Icy Lady

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
Rider Wanted
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
I am not sure if I have put this in the right place but if not Mods please feel free to move it to a more appropriate place!

I am on the lookout for a kind and confident rider to help me out with my 3 icelandics.  We mainly hack and I have recently brought Ljufur back into work after a difficult couple of years, so I need someone who is confident with a recently rebacked horse - albeit I think he is going to be an extremely sound boy!  He is a very cool dude, about 14hh and is kept barefoot, ridden bitless and treeless.  The other two horses are getting on in years but this does not dampen their enthusiasm for hacking out  :db:

I am not looking for any payment but would like someone who could ride once and preferably twice at a weekend.  The person will always be accompanied by either my or my daughter (27) and more than likely both of us as we enjoy riding in a group.

We are based on the Hampshire/Berkshire border and the horses are stabled in Silchester - we have excellent outriding and also have our own transport so often take them to the beach/on holiday etc.  This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would be interested in learning more about the icelandic horse and their special gaits.

Please PM me if you are interested or know of someone who may be.
Tadley, Hampshire

Offline crdodgeon

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
Re: Rider Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
If I wasn't too far away and didn't have stupid hacking gremlins that would be fab - only ridden Iceys once and loved them.  :)

Hope you find the right person  :nod:

Offline Icy Lady

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »
Hacking gremlins are my speciality  :laugh: :whistle:  My boys are some of the most sound horses I know, one has done RDA for more than 10 years so is very sound.  In 17 years of owning him I can count the spooks on one hand  :db:

Whereabouts are you crdodgeon? 
Tadley, Hampshire

Offline crdodgeon

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
South-west London, and car-less, so I fear it wouldn't be practical for the level of involvement you'd need  :sad:
I had a very amusing hack in the Pentlands on iceys; having been told that steering was by weight aids, my mare decided that the route the others were taking up the hill was far too ridiculously steep and she knew a much better way round. 5 mins of me dutifully leaning hard to whichever side it was, they were all up *there* and I was a dot in the hills *there*.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  But I certainly felt quite comfortable with them. They're lovely gees  :wub:

Offline Mossy

• joined-January
  • EE Society Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
Oh if I were nearer, same as you cr.
Mossy

What am I, that one so big and powerful as you should trust me and do my bidding?