Amazon Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: Please note!!!! Advertising of clinics!!  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Heather

• Administrator
Please note!!!! Advertising of clinics!!
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have discussed this with our moderators, and we feel that in future, it is only fair that non EE teachers/clinicians whose clinics are being advertised regularly, should not be free of charge. I therefore propose that advertisements for such clinics will be charged at a rate of 10 per advert

The new charity to donate to is Prince Fluffy Kareem. Please follow this link to their website to read all about them and to donate - Prince Fluffy Kareem donation page

Heather

Modified to update to the current EE charity - nix
    « Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:24:49 PM by nix »

Offline abuela

• Joined-July
    • Expired Membership
      • PureSpanishHorseSpain
    Re: Please note!!!! Advertising of clinics!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »
  • Publish

• Totally support this - and suggest that a mention also be made in a more General thread.

On forums  there is sometimes talk about such-and-so's upcoming clinic. Mostly it is innocent, but unfortunately there are those who think of it as an OK way to advertise.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:17:33 AM by abuela »

Offline Cloud_cirrus

• Joined-June
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • I don't advertise for clinics but thought I would post because I don't think your wording is very clear.  When you say 'whose clinics are being advertised regularly should not be free of charge' does that mean clinics that are not being advertised regularly are still free?  What is the definition of 'regular'?

Is it not easier to say there is a charge for any non EE clinic being advertised and then people know what's what?

I too think this is a good idea and a great way to raise some more money for the donks.

issywizz

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sounds totally fair to me and yes,agree with CC.  :nod:

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sorry Tracey. I am a bit braindead with all that is going on at home atm :sad:, and meant to say any clinic as you suggest. I just think it would be fairer. Thanks for the support too, Josephine :hug:

Heather

TashaKat

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • Absolutely support you, Heather   :nod: 

This is, after all, your forum and you've been very generous allowing other trainers to be advertised for free up to now, not many would do that  :nod:

Lovely thought to donate the proceeds to the donks  :db:

Offline fizz

• Joined-January
    • EE Teachers
      • Fir Tree Farm Equestrian Centre
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • Fully support this.  :db:  As you know I have always thought you are too generous with such things.  Anyone who would not be willing to donate 10 to the donks in order to advertise probably shouldn't be on EE in the first place
    June - EET (level 2) Reiki & Seichem Master/Teacher
    New Forest, Hampshire, England

Offline kathyt

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • Seems completly fair to me.
    EET Level 1 - Bracknell, Berkshire

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks all of you. I do feel that when other clinicians benefit from a forum they are not involved with, and I am not singling out any in particular in case it appears that way! :D- that some charge needs to be made, and I am more than happy for the donks to benefit!! :nod:

Offline Cabruze

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • A response from someone who advertises "other clinicians" clinics. 

I completely understand Heather and of course will comply.  But the only reason I've ever advertised Patrice's clinics on here is because I thought that EE promoted classical equitation.  My trainer has never asked me to publicise her clinics here.  I purely wanted to offer like minded people the opportunity to have access to a trainer who is truly classical and has trained horses and pupils to the highest levels.

It would be useful if you could pin a list of EE teachers with their experience and levels they are able to train horses and riders too here.  (I know there are some details on the main site but it would be useful to have them here for reference.)

And does this apply to events we hear about and think might be of interest to fellow EE'rs e.g. Sylvia Stanier?
    "In horsemanship there is not neutrality.  You are either furthering your horse's wellbeing or destroying it." Charles de Kunffy

Offline Cobstar

• Joined-July
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • Will an EE Teacher organising a clinic or workshop with a non-EE clinician have to pay to advertise?

Will an EE Teacher wishing to promote a clinic with a non-EE clinician they wish to personally recommend have to pay to advertise?

I understand the reasons for making the decision to charge for advertising non-EE clinicians. But I know from personal experience how difficult it is to get regular clinics running with like-minded classical teachers and trainers whose approach I am happy with (and I am very fussy  :-[). And few people organising equestrian clinics make any money out of all their hard work, it's normally to share expertise and ensure they can get some regular training with good quality trainers.

Clinic recommendations from EE members are likely to be for clinicians sharing my views and ethos. Introducing a charge means we are unlikely to see posts about these clinics. Which means we will miss out on opportunities to hear about clinics and workshops we may wish to take part in or audit to extend our learning.

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • We used to charge for advertising, Maria, when Nix was website manager, and the money was donated to Sueblue's friend's animal sanctuary in Portugal. I just thought it would be a good way to raise more for Maria and Diogo in Portugal now.

I will see if I can find an acceptable solution. Quite often members will say on a thread on the main forum 'are you going to such and such a clinic or demo'? Yes it is advertising as such, but not done by the organisers so with no real intent to promote. We just feel that clinicians/and or organisers ( that is something organiser and clinician need to sort out for themselves) should pay for an actual advert.

Jane, in addition to a list of our EETs perhaps it would be a good idea to offer a CV of such trainers with some photos etc of their work to whatever standard that is, and people they have trained? Patrice I have known of for quite a few years, but have never seen any of her students, other than yourself, and  only some old photos of her riding some years ago.

I prefer for EE only to promote people whose work I have seen and know personally and can recommend, hence I have no problem with Sylvia Stanier, Anja Beran, Filipa Valenca, Rodrigo da Costa Matos, Becky etc,all people I do know personally, or even Francois Lemaire Ruffieu, whom I do not know personally, but have friends who do. Perhaps this is a bit exclusive, but you will note that sometimes a member asks about a certain clinician, should they go or not, and I have asked them to pm me.

This is because they have asked about someone whom I have seen personally and had been very unimpressed. Usually, I would also want to hear the same from several other people before I would make such comments, even in private. But there are so many out there who do not uphold the ideals that we try to maintain, and it is why I am a little loathe to advertise clinics with clinicians whom I have not seen in action, or at least seen the results of their training in their students. :nod:

Offline Cobstar

• Joined-July
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:40:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • Heather

You must do what you think best - it is your site at the end of the day. I will support whatever decision you take.

I would be happy to recommend Patrice. I audited one of her clinics a while back and several of my horsey cyber buddies clinic regularly with her and speak very highly of her. I value their very positive opinions of her skill and knowledge as a classical trainer, as I do Cabruze's feedback.

Patrice has also been very generous with her time and advice for students and others like me with an interest in her approach.

Offline Mandeigh

• EE-Prestige Graphic Artist
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'd be interested in finding out more about this trainer....what's her website  :nod:
    "to be loved  by a horse, or by any animal, should fill us with awe - for we have not deserved it" Marion C Garretty

Moray,Scotland