Author Topic: Ask Heather forum  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Heather

• Administrator
Ask Heather forum
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
I do wonder why more of the questions on Rider and Horse Training forums, are not posted on the 'Ask Heather' board. I often havent time to wade through all of the forums, and miss some of the stuff here that I could help with.

Do please, full members, use the Ask Heather board more, as it seems a missed opportunity! It is different if you have queries that you want feedback from other members who might have had the same problem, but specific training or riding questions, do make use of 'Ask Heather' otherwise there seems little point in it being there!!!

Heather
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:14:17 PM by Heather »

ukica

Re: Ask Heather forum
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
I think maybe people didn't want to burden you with too many questions!  I think we would be gutted if the Ask Heather thread was removed!  So now you will probably be swamped  :laugh:

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
haha!! But that is what I am there for, and I will try to answer even if not immediately. But thanks for the consideration!

Heather

Offline Naiad

• Joined-May
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:53:28 PM »
As I start on this phase of going back to basics (and the ridden lunge lessons), I would be more than happy to post away with various questions in the Ask Heather part of the forum. But be careful what you ask for, as I may end up posting too much!  :D

Do you have time to answer perhaps a specific question from me every week or so, or would that be a bother? I just don't know what was expected when that part of the forum was set up!

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »
Quite happy to do so, as long as I am  around to answer the question, and not away teaching!

Heather

Offline wendyyoung

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »
Just wanted to say congratulations on 2nd edition of Enlightened Equitation.   Went back to riding 10 years ago at the age of 65 with the aid of your 1st edition and your seatsaver.   Have had many different riding instructors but have always tried to keep your advice at the back of my mind.   Should love to have a go on the equisimulators some time if I could get to them.   Meanwhile, many thanks.

Offline anita

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 02:55:19 PM »
Hi there , after reading your ee book is it correct that one doesnot sit on the crotch in the saddle , if this is the case i am finding it quite difficult to maintain sitting on buttocks  , do you have any tips for my muscle memory ,mature rider thanks

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
Thanks first to Wendy, whose post I had somehow completely overlooked!

But you neither sit on the crotch, which is a fork seat, nor the flat of the buttocks, which would lead to a heavy, chair seat, Anita. The correct position would mean that you are in a standing position with knees slightly bent. So you are slightly on your buttocks, but not on your fork. Have you watched my videos on youtube on the simulators?

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
PS, anita, can you start as new thread on this, so that it is read by other members who may benefit from it? I also need to ask you what sort of saddle you ride on, and have you any video I could look at?

Offline anita

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
Hi heather thankyou for the reply ,
I ride in a susannagh ideal dressage saddle on my 17 hh ish gelding , i ve looked at your videos on utube , which are very interesting and will revisit them . Will look into some video that maybe i could post .anita.

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »
You are very welcome to post some video Anita  :nod:. But a crotch seat is a fork seat and therefore weak. You do not sit on the flat of the buttocks either which will be a chair seat. Think of sitting as though you are standing in good posture, so that the bottom edge of your two seatbones are in contact, pointing straight down. Your back should have only the natural curve of your spine, no forced lordosis.