Author Topic: Everybody's introductory thread - moved from General  (Read 49514 times)

Fizzbw

Re: Everybody's introductory thread - please read!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 11:10:23 PM »
Fidget - beautiful horses!!

Vicky - Amy looks like a you-clone!!! She pretty...  :cool: :whistle: :D

Niki xxx

Offline epona

• Joined-June
  • Expired Membership
    • TOIL de FRANCE
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
Amy looks like a you-clone!!! She pretty... 

Awww, thanks  :)  I will tell her  ;)
TOIL de FRANCE... Please sponsor me :)
http://toildefrance.weebly.com/

Offline 1 morejump

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
  • All that and a bag of chips!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »
 :;/ How have I missed this?  I love reading all the bios and really getting to know you and your horses. My turn!

I live in Parker, Colorado USA, if anyone is every in the neighborhood drop by. :tongue: Anyways, I have always loved horses, the first time I sat on one ever I think I must have been 3 or 4.  We did move a lot though and I never got to really be with horses until I was about 10.  My sister, a friend and I all started helping out at a dressage barn for lessons.   After a couple years I really wanted my own horse and I had saved most of the money to buy a 14.2hh welch mt. pony quarter horse mix.  Plum was very barn sour and everyday she pushed me hard and I pushed back.  Over a few years we really began to understand each other and I learned a lot. 

When I bought plum I had fallen out of love with dressage but I soon realized that I loved dressage and Plum didn't.  So she went to a loving home with a little girl who she taught to ride.  Sadly though Plum has passed on just this last summer. RIP honey :'(

So, enter Lance.   :wub: I found him for sale, barely 2 years old and I knew nothing about babies.  But he had a good start with a wonderful lady and so far so good.  He had surgery this last summer on his front legs because they are clubbed and he is now 100%.  Lance is from a PMU farm in Canada, he got lucky and made it out and we have been having fun ever since.

Mud? ME?!?

After a bath

My favorite

Snow!

Mary and Lance
Parker, Colorado

Way out west where the wild sun sets and the coyotes bay at the moon.

varkie

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 12:33:19 PM »
Great thread - loving reading about everyones life/horses.  So, must be my turn.   :D

I'm 35, married to a very understanding OH who thankfully loves the horses nearly as much as me.  I combine being a full time mum to my 18 month old daughter, with looking after our small shetland stud, with running Project Horses, along with various other little bits to bring in the pennies to keep the ponies - shetland pony pedigree research, shetland pony training to saddle & harness as well as behavioural problems, handling the unhandled pony (not just shets), a bit of stable management teaching (am qualified up to Stage 3 / 4 & part way thru BSc Equine Science) - whatever I can really.

We have 17 shetlands currently - two stallions, one colt, nine mares & five fillies - along with up to 7 foals due this year!  You can see them all on my website - www.varkiesstud.co.uk

As well as the shetlands, I own five larger horses/ponies.  Most important of all is my wonderful mare Tia.  Tia is a Welsh Section D, but not perhaps your typical D.  I don't have enough time to tell you how wonderful she is.  Needless to say, she is my 'horse of a lifetime'.  She is currently in foal, due in April 2008 - I'm both very excited & very terrified.  Once her foal is born & older, she will start back in work, and we'll be working towards competing in dressage.  This is Tia:

This is Lengueto V, the PRE stallion that Tia is in foal to:

I also currently own a native pony called Gotham, but he will hopefully shortly be off to a new home.  This is Gotham:  http://www.varkiesstud.co.uk/html/gotham.html

Then there is Peni pony - our shetland x welsh native pony, who we got to be a companion to Tia, but has turned out to be so much more.  Following my backing her as an 8 year old (she was only broken to drive before), she now turns her hoof to anything, and is a fab kids pony, and a PC alrounder:

I have two other natives I own, a Sec D, and a Sec A, who are both out on loan, with option to buy, should their loaners ever want to - and I hope they do, as both are perfectly placed, which is wonderful, as both came to me absolutely chock full of issues.  You can see them here:  http://www.varkiesstud.co.uk/html/hero.html & http://www.varkiesstud.co.uk/html/beau.html

This is my wonderful OH with my mare Tia:

This is my little daughter, Willow:

This is me when I got married a few years ago:

Finally, this is our wonderful dog, whom we adopted from EMW a few years ago - Fern, BC x Lab - most loving little dog you've ever met:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:38:18 PM by varkie »

Offline Genius

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
My Name is Petra and I live in Vienna, Austria. I work as a forensic scientist for the ministry of the interior. My once-in-a-lifetime horse is my 9 yo Austrian Warmblood mare Genie (German for genius - it fits!).
Im Centered Riding Instructor Level II (www.centeredriding.org) and teach about 4 to 5 students a week - mostly adults who feel that they want to change their riding to something with less force and more lightness.

me and my Austrian Warmblood mare Genie

having fun:

jipeeh:

my boyfreind Andreas and his first ride (sorry, bad quality handypic, but proud for both):
Born to ride, forced to work!.....Petra & Genie, Austria, Europe
http://mighty-muppel.jimdo.com/

Offline martini55

• Expired Membership
    • http://www.horsesharesuk.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »
Hello everyone :) I joined quite a while ago so most of you probably won't remember me (though some might recognize me from other forums). My name's Donna, I'm a 21 yr old student from Scotland. My horse is Martini, an 18 yr old tb x fell mare who has been with me for almost 8yrs now. Unfortunately she has a seemingly endless list of problems: including sweet-itch, arthritis and cushings... it always seems to be one thing after the other for the poor girl! She had a bad acute attack of laminitis last May, which lead to discovering the cushings. She's had the winter to mooch around the field (well mud bath) but we'll be starting longreining again pretty soon to try and help build up a bit of muscle (as right now she has pretty much zero muscle) and of course to improve her fitness. I watched the video with Becky and Sudi and it sure does give me inspiration... not that we are anywhere near that level!!!

Here's a picture of my girly from last summer:

Offline Laura

• Joined- October
  • Expired Membership
    • http://www.fivestarequestrian.com
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »
I didn't introduce myself so I thought I'd better.
I am Laura and live near Sydney, Australia.
I have three horses a WB, a QH and a miniature horse. I love taking horses photo's and used to work with a friend who has andy's. I have ridden andy's and friesians in the last 5 years or so.
Here is my WB, Pirate

This is my QH, Chief

And my mini, Sheik

This is one of the Andy's I used to ride and I took the photo :)

And finally this is my  :wub:bf and my TB mare who I lost nearly two years ago, who was best friends with my bf..

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:30:13 AM by Laura »

cvreagzayn

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »
Hello  :D  I'm cv, a pre-vet student located in the US state Kentucky.  I plan on going to vet school and becoming a veterinarian that uses both holistic and conventional methods.  As of now I'm trying to work on my animal communication abilities and after that have plans for various other holistic clinics.

I ride Dressage, and am starting to do eventing.  I've ridden saddleseat, huntseat, western, but my favorite of all is Dressage.  :wub:  I keep my horses at home as well as all the other animals.  I will have to add pictures of most of the small four leggeds later. 
There are four dogs here:
*Tequila-2 year old female Australian shepard mix

*Diesel-3 year old male black Lab
*Duke-8 year old male English Mastiff
*Taco-11 year old male chihuahua mix

And now to the horses  :D

First is my "baby" Montague.  He is a 16 hand 4 1/2 year old 7/8ths Percheron gelding.  I've had him for two years, and am starting him undersaddle "for real" this year. 

Next is the lovely Connor.  He is a 16 hand 9 year old Clydesdale/QH gelding.  I've had him about a year, and he will get "restarted" this year.

Then there is Domino, my 18 year old buddy.  His is a 15 hand, 18 year old Paint gelding.  I've had him for quite a while, and he is basically retired now, and just gives a few pony rides.

After him is Ace, my 7 year old TB straight from the track as of March '08.  Very nice guy, but quite skinny as of now, and slowly gaining weight.

Then we have the minis, Tonka and Riley.  Tonka is a 3 1/2 year old 31 inch stallion, and Riley is a 5 1/2 year old, 37 inch gelding.  They both are starting to make wonderful drivers.  :nod:

Tonka

Riley

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:32:54 AM by cvreagzayn »

Offline Ali jo

• Joined-February
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 09:40:41 PM »
Well its lovely to see all your horses and OH's children and dogs.  I am not a horse owner at moment although I have had a house and stables since last Summer about two and a half hours from where I work.

My name is Alison I am 32 and have been riding on and off since I was 5 or maybe younger.  My first pony was Tora a Highlandx Dartmoor mare who was elderly and arthritic but very kind. I had her until I was six when a family death changed things and she had to go to a new home.  I then became a horseless child who did not even have riding stables down the road to hang out at - the only things for miles where sheep and cows.  I rode at a riding school when I stayed with my grandmother and had riding holidays where I would stay for a week at the school.  When I was 10 we moved and I met a freind who had ponies.  She kindly let me ride and spend all my time with her and the ponies. I spend two years riding Joker a Connemara x Welsh gelding who had a fantastic jump and a cheeky streek.  I loved him but she sold him when she got her first horse and I then rode her bigger pony Mel an TBXExmoor mare who was a star, not such a jumper but very forward and fun..  Then we moved to a remote place and that was it for riding apart from holidays.  I started riding again regularly in my mid twenties riding my same old friends TBXShire mare who I fell in love with, and who we lost sadly with her filly foal.

After that I started having lessons at local riding schools and going and doing trail riding holidays in Europe.  The lessons were the usual load of rubbish you get at average riding schools so I found out about EE and that got me here.  I am learning loads but I am at a point in my life where I am concentrating on getting where I want work wise as is my OH and then we plan to move to out house with land and stables and I will be on the search for my first horse.  At the moment we are renovating and extending our country house, he is working abroad and I am living in my city flat so not very horsey.  I still love going away riding and hope to go on Safari later in the year.  Sorry no pics ruined my new camera on last riding holiday in October and I have not got a new one yet plus on my laptop so can't get my old photos up.....sorry......

Ali jo :)

Fizzbw

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »
Lovely to see the pics and hear your stories folks!!!

Niki xxx

Offline wozzer

• Expired Membership
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »
Hello EE Forum!

I'm Wozzer - here is a lovely collage someone made for me of my horses  :D

[img][/img]

Offline epona

• Joined-June
  • Expired Membership
    • TOIL de FRANCE
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »
:wave:  Hello Wozzer  :D  Fabulous horses you have  :wub:

And Calla - how many gorgeous animals can one girl have  :ohmy:   :laugh:

Offline wozzer

• Expired Membership
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »
Thank you Epona.  I think they're gorgeous too  :D

Offline epona

• Joined-June
  • Expired Membership
    • TOIL de FRANCE
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 10:20:33 PM »
Wozzer - how about you start a new thread and tell us a bit more about yourself and your gorgeous neddies  :)

ash

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
Hi everyone, my name is Ashleigh, and I am a secondary school RE teacher.  I have two neddies, Tilly a 14.1hh connemaraxappaloosa mare.......

....and Tommy a 15.1hh recalcitrant Haflinger....

They both live at home with me, my long suffering husband, and my baby son John.

Some of you will know me from the IHDG and Richard Maxwell's forum.  I look forward to getting to know you all better. :D

I have just started having lessons with the lovely Sam Jamieson, and I am going to start clicker training Tommy in order to work through some of his numerous issues.  So basically I will be using y'all as a never ending mine of info and advice, I hope you don't mind!   :D