Author Topic: THANK YOU !!!! for the Conference  (Read 52316 times)

Offline whisper's mum

• EE-Site Moderator
THANK YOU !!!! for the Conference
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:03:20 AM »
I have had such a fantasic weekend, I wish it could have gone on and on  :D I don't really know where to start so I'd beter start at the beginning  :-[

Thank you all for the EE good vibes you sent Vicky and Rija on Friday, Rija loaded in 5mins for Vicky even though she'd never met her before and travelled like a dream. They did have a problem negotiating the hill in Harberton but I'll leave Vicky to describe that when she gets back today  :o Vicky has been the most amazing friend to me this weekend, even as I'm typing this she is still with Rija in Devon while I'm back home ready to go to work  :hug:

Antsje and Rija have bonded to an incredible degree and have been turned out together twice and are joined at the hip, they'll be upset later when they have to part  :(

On Friady night I arrived at 10.30pm (don't ask ::)) and since it was pouring with rain adn dark, we decided to leave the tent until the next morning so Paul slept in the car and I slept with the dogs in the stable next to the mares  :) I hadn't realise how little sleep horses actually get at night, they are constantly eating, wandering, lying down then getting up, calling to each other plus coughing in some cases (Rija) and farting  :P

On Saturday we had a fabulous demo from Heather and Becky including how to absorb the movement but I was buzzing back and forth to the stables getting ready so I'm sure another conference goer will describe it fully  :D

Vicky rode first and was AWESOME I cannot stress how good she was, Antsje is so much more difficult than Rija and Vicky has such a wonderful bond with her that they are a true partnership. When Heather asked her to trot without stirrups I nearly fainted but Vicky just did it  :worthy: WOW!!!!

I was up next and I wasn't sure what would happen but it turned out pretty well  :D Rija hasn't been schooled since I had her because of a lack of facilities and a lack of effort on my part but I'm inspired now  :D We  spent a lot of time trying to get her to relax and settle into a steady rhythm which she did and Heather immediately picked up on my faults...did I expect any less  :P :-[ She worked on stopping the wobble in my middle when I'm doing sitting trot and I was beginning to get it but it was a bit much without stirrups...I wobble sideways then   :-[

We were also working on keeping my toes pointing to the front, my longest standing fault is duck toes but even that was improving, Heather is a BRILLIANT teacher  :D

Heather was very complimentary about my little mare, I've got no excuse for not getting somewhere with her, she's a star  :wub:

On Sunday we had another lesson, again folowing Antsje, but Rija was more tense and I wasn't making a great job of settling her. Luckily for me, the main point of this session was for Heather to ride and school her for a while so I got to see her being ridden properly  :D I think there is at least one member of the EE team that wishes they had bought her when Chapsi was selling  :whistle:  :D

All the demo sessions were amazing, I've got to go to work now so I haven't got time to write about them all but I'm sure someone will.  :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH all of the EE team, especially Heather, Becky and Jill and of course my wonderful friend Vicky, without whom I couldn't have gone.  :hug:

You are all an amazing group of people. THANK YOU. xxxx   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:13:23 AM by whisper's mum »
Helen, Worcestershire, England

On white horses, snowy white horses, let me ride away

How about a rescue pet? :-)

TashaKat

Re: THANK YOU !!!! all EE team!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 08:14:37 AM »
THANK YOU from me too :D

Absolutely excellent weekend.  Thank you so much to everyone involved, it was fabulous :D

I enjoyed every single bit of it and every session was my 'favourite' :D  I really couldn't choose which part I enjoyed the most.

Vicky and Helen did brilliantly and have such scrumptious nedfers :wub:

There was only one criticism:  it didn't go on long enough.

And one thing that puzzles me:  why others like the BHS etc don't see how much sense it all makes.  Irrespective of personalities you only have to see Heather's team ride and interact with the horses to know that it is right.

It was great to meet other like minded people too though I have come back wanting another ned ......

I'll have to do a full report later as the piggin' train was delayed for 2.5 hours and I didn't get in until 00.30 this morning!

Great day, brilliant people, fantastic horses and wonderful company.  What more could you ask for :D

Offline Flynnski

• Expired Membership
Re: THANK YOU !!!! for the Conference
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:28 AM »
Just to say THANK YOU!!!  :D

I thoroughly enjoyed the demos and the chat, I have learned so much and am very keen to put it into practice.  I especially liked Heather's lesson with Vicky, I am going to use her example to work on my own sitting trot, when I can find a corset!!.   :o :D
Flynn's movement is not a big as the gorgeous Antsje (Spelt right?!), but I struggle to sit to his trot, Vicky did a fantastic job and I hope to replicate her success!  Antsje's trot has to be seen to be believed, even Heather found it difficult, though you'd never know it to watch, what a fantastic seat she has!  Helen's mare Rija was also a big hit, she's adorable, and though I am no expert when it comes to Lusos/PRE's/Andy's and the like, I can see she is something very special!
I am also very keen to do ground work with Flynn, I feel several posts on Becky's forum will be necessary, sorry Becky!!  (You won't have trouble getting a restraining order from the courts, they have one pre-printed!!  ;))  I think Flynn is going to love clicker training and in-hand work, it could be just what his very busy brain needs.
Everyone involved is so keen to help and made me feel very welcome, I don't want to miss anyone out so thank you to everyone!  However I do feel one person deserves special mention, she didn't stop for lunch or coffee, she worked tirelessly so that everyone could try the simulators, that person is of course Yvonne.  I watched her for ages and she knows her stuff, very patient and very clever!  I really was going to have a go, but unfortunatley I left it late and had to get off home, I wish I had been more confident and just had a go, I am such a nelly!  Never mind, I have just about talked myself into a 2 day simulator course!!  :D
It was lovely to meet so many EE people, and to put faces to names, though I am sure I will mentally have names and faces mixed up!
I'd better go for now, ought to do some work!!
Flynnski/Kerry

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:59 AM »
Hi Kerry,

So glad you enjoyed it all, and yes, Yvonne did sterling service with the sims- she  is a real treasure, always so willing to help in any capacity, never mind manning sims! I would also like to thank Liz for the Laps fund raising- about to put up a thread about that, and Yvonnes contribution from the sim sessions.

Heather

winnieandben

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:49:06 AM »
Sounds like you all had a great time, would have loved to have been there.  Determined to get down to Devon for a simulator course one day!  :)

TashaKat

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 09:53:29 AM »
You should :)  It's a gorgeous place and wonderful people.  The simulators are great, I can't wait for my course in 3 weeks time!

Offline Cabruze

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:23:19 AM »
Just to add Mike and my thanks for a great weekend.

Agree with everything said so sorry if I repeat but:

Heather your horses are just fabulous.  Sudi and Rei just scrumptious but as before Fanta stole the show!  What a wonderful character!

Becky is amazing - hugely talented with her ground work and she rides so beautifully too!  I'm really jealous that Mike's back later on this week for her in-hand course!

Vicky and Antsje, Helen and Rija - you guys were just brilliant!  It must have been so nerve wracking for you despite all our good vibes!  You both rode beautifully and Antsje and Rija are just  :wub:.  A huge credit to you both - especially as neither of you have manege's to school in!

And Yvonne - what a fabulous teacher!  I was putting my session with you on the equisimulator into practice this morning - thanks!

Heather - you should be really proud of the Enlightened Equitation team and of course yourself!  :D

Thanks again!
"In horsemanship there is not neutrality.  You are either furthering your horse's wellbeing or destroying it." Charles de Kunffy

Offline samboc77

• Joined-August
  • Listen to YOUR Gut Instinct , its ALWAYS right!
    • www.omniequine.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »
Wow, Wow, Wow :worthy:

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. I had a great time and I am so glad that I finally got to names to faces. I loved every minute.

I am so excited about coming back in oct/Nov for the EETT1 :db: I have learnt so much and I can't wait to get down to the feild this evening to try it out :D

Thank you all for making my Hen do a very memorable time. I loved it.

I will gete the pictures sorted this evening and post them  ;)

www.omniequine.co.uk
Vogue & Fhoenix Saddle Fitter + EET-L1 + Qualified Applied Equine Podiatrist
Covering most of East Anglia

Offline StevieC

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
Did someone say Fanta had character? :)

Offline sixfootblonde

• Joined-February
  • Expired Membership
    • http://www.western-saddler.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
What fantastic photos!  Would love to have gone :(  Thanks for sharing :)

Offline Liza

• Expired Membership
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »
A big thank you to you all from Me, Derrick and from our horses!  We've learnt so much and enjoyed every minute.  You're all wonderful, talented, helpful, approachable .... I could go on and on.
Thank you Vicky and Helen for being brave enough to ride in front of us and for all the work and planning that must have gone into just getting your horses there and so beautifully turned out for us to see.  Good vibes to Vicky for her journey back with the horses today.
Thank you Yvonne for within minutes sorting out a problem that's been bugging me for ages :hug:
I do so hope there will be another conference next year - not sure that I'm going to do the camping bit again though :-X

Time is what the horse needs most and your patience is the most precious gift you can give
Isabella Sontag

Liz, Black Mountains/Brecon Beacons, Powys

TashaKat

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
Did someone say Fanta had character? :)

Nah, Fanta's not got character.  Where did you get that from? ;)

(ps please can you email me the piccies as they are real spoilsports at work and block them :(

lynne.chappell@uclh.org  ............ ta xxx)

Fizzbw

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »
I'm coming next year - what date please??

Niki xxx

Ps - I'm coming regardless even if it is just me sitting in a field on my ownsie contemplating my navel.  :-[

Glad you all had such a spectacular time - I hope it was worth the work and upheaval Heather and co. I'm sure it must have been!

Baymair

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 12:09:45 PM »
Sounds like a fantastic weekend  :)
Love the pics of Fanta  :)

TashaKat

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 12:10:54 PM »
Ps - I'm coming regardless even if it is just me sitting in a field on my ownsie contemplating my navel.  :-[

Not a chance mate!  I'll be there but I'll be in a B&B getting fat on the breakfasts :D