Amazon    Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: For full loan to hacking home  (Read 1376 times)

Offline annep

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
For full loan to hacking home
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • Wizard is a 16.1 chunky chap who is looking for a forever home. He is 10 yo, and due to mild suspensory problems, is not suitable for a lot of work in the school. He is not 'lame' as such, and only starts to struggle when doing a lot of school work.
    unfortunatley I don't want to just hack out and I can only keep one horse. Wizard is currently having a ' holiday' at Omar's ( Rabia) but he has far too much to offer to spend the rest of his life in a field! He loves people and lots of attention! He is a gentle giant and is safe and sensible whilst being forward going.
    This is a hard decision in many ways but I feel that it is in Wizards best interests to find him a loving home where he can enjoy life to the full. He truly will make a lovely hack for someone looking for a non competitive horse to enjoy.
    If you are interested I am happy to give more details/ information.
    Photos available if you can send email address- don't seem to be able to post on here!😳
    Cobs rock!

Offline pico

• Joined-January
    • EE Society Member
    Re: For full loan to hacking home
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • He sounds *almost* what I am looking for in a loan horse for my OH to continue learning to ride on.  (Time to post a wanted ad actually, my current loan pony is heading off next week, to re-join his "real mummy" - he was temporary loan while she got moved and settled!)

But our hacking as such is not great, so we need something to work in the school (though given OH is a complete beginner who has only been riding a short while, I suspect it will be a while before what he's doing will be something one would properly call schooling  :) )

I'm not looking for a forever horse either  - though exactly how long a loan is in the "how long is a piece of string" category right now!   :laugh: (OH has agreed to contribute to upkeep of a loan horse for him to learn on, but does not want to commit to a horse on a lifelong commitment basis at this point. Hence looking for a loan not buying him one. )

(My other "wish-list" item for a loan horse I could let slip, which is something suitable for me to practice jumping tiny jumps on until my confidence comes back about jumping! I'm sure I can find another way to work on that though. )

I hope you find the perfect loan home for Wizard. Let me know if you think our needs would match after all though!