Amazon    Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: Enlightened Equitation book  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Kasisalo

Enlightened Equitation book
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
  • Publish
  •  Hi
    I just wanted to say I have received my copy of Enlightened Equitation, and this has got to be the best book I have read on horse riding.  I totally understand (at last) just by reading this book, everything makes sense, and is not confusing any more.  I gave up on riding lessons after having bossy instructors shouting orders that I hadn't got a clue what they meant, making you feel a bit stupid.  I decided to just carry on going for walks around the village on my slow, old, gentle cob that I had on loan, and gave up on the idea of having my own horse. I had just finished a horse psychology and behaviour course as I wanted to know as much as I could before I got my own. The more I learnt, the more I wished riders and trainers would use a kinder way of communicating with the horses, that led me to reading about Heather Moffits way, and she is spot on, I only wished I would have known about Enlightened Equitation earlier before I emigrated to Australia.  I have learnt so much by watching all the you tube clips and reading Heathers book.  Now I will go back to riding, and I will get my own horse, I feel like I have been given a load of confidence, Heather is an absolute star.  When we go back home for a visit, I will be booking the two day workshop with the simulator.  I live in Perth but I don't think there is an EE instructor here, I think there may be one in NSW, which would be good as we are thinking of moving there.  Sorry for rattling on but I just wanted to say I am over the moon with the book.😃🐎 :db:

Offline thecatsmother

• Joined-January
    • EE Society Member
    Re: Enlightened Equitation book
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »
  • Publish
  •  :wave: That's great to hear! I remember when I first read something written by Heather it made sooooo much sense! It also gave me confidence to stick to what I believed, and (like you plan) I ended up getting my own horse so I could stick to doing things the EE way  :nod:
    Make sure you book in plenty of time when you come to visit UK.
    Oh, and No need to apologise for rattling on - when I first discovered EE stuff I was lucky enough to meet one of the original EE instructors working with Heather (SueC) and we used to bore our partners silly talking horses/EE in the pub for hours on end  :laugh:. Rattle on all you like here; you're amongst likeminded people  :D
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:46:30 PM by thecatsmother »
    Lesha, nr Exeter, Devon UK

Chocky, Star, Port, & Hal (all RIP), Arai, Augusta, Ash, Foggy, Daisy Doglet & Finnegan

Offline Cobstar

• Joined-July
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 04:56:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • The book is brilliant. And when you get to meet Heather on the simulator workshop you will find she she sounds just like the way her words come off the page.

Do get in touch with Paul Cairns at EE Australia and see if he can help you access some help locally too.

Offline ros

• Joined-December
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • Brilliant news!  Now all you have to do is spread the word...  :db: