Amazon† † Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: FOR SALE: A super Classical Dressage Welsh Cob who certainly can!  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Mike A

It is with a heavy heart that we must tentatively offer for sale our own Kaz. 14.1/14.2hh registered Welsh Section D chestnut gelding, 8yo. Same home with us since a yearling where he has been brought on slowly and sympathetically. Heís only ever been positively trained and by Tori and I (both EETs), which has produced a lovely mentally well balanced, amenable chap with lots of charisma. Kazi has been allowed to properly mature before beginning his ridden career having been left until 5 before being broken. He is a very low mileage pony but the majority of his formal training has been through in hand and ground work, which he excels at. (I'm 6'3" so it's the only way I could school him when Tori's ill/off teaching or elsewhere!) He is very responsive to body language cues and the voice. He isnít looking for a competition home or a professional rider Ė he is looking for the right new human. Someone who can offer him a calm and relaxing/laid back life, someone who will care for him with love and treat him with the understanding and compassion he expects and deserves. He would be most suited to a hacking home/low level RC activities or placed with someone who enjoys ground and in hand work as heís a nice easy size to work with on the ground!

Kazi works on grass and in open spaces without fuss, in company and on his own. Good in traffic, hacks alone and in company. Kazi works confidently and consistently under saddle and is a very sensitive, responsive ride. He is not however suitable for a novice, very nervous or inexperienced rider. Kazi would ideally suit a small adult, rather than child rider, who is looking for a horse to spend time with and enjoy. (For reference, Tori riding in the picture below is 5í6Ē and weighs 9st.) Kaz is currently progressing well under saddle at Prelim level with established lateral work. Happily works over poles and small coloured fences on the lunge, heíll pop a log or over a ditch out hacking when asked but otherwise hasnít done anything in the way of ridden jumping as his current rider is no jumper! Kazi has competed at local level Dressage, achieving 70%+ scores and behaves impeccably working away from home. Snaffle mouth, good manners and good to handle in all respects. Sound and vice free. Lives out 24/7, rugged or ruggless, hardy good doer. Good to trim, clip, load and travel. Comes to call. Barefoot with excellent hooves. Up to date with worming/worm counts/vaccinations/teeth etc.

Kazi is for sale complete with his full wardrobe of PE rugs and quality tack, including his saddle which was recently professionally fitted by Lavinia Mitchell. If you think you can offer Kazi the new home he is looking for then please get in touch. He is open to any trial but no loans. If sold to a local home then he will also come complete with 3 free riding lessons to help you get to know one another.  New homes will be vetted. Kazi is for sale to the right home, not the highest bidder. Priced to sell at £3495 ono with full wardrobe of rugs and tack. Based in Ashburton area of South Devon.

We will update with a more recent picture when we get some at the weekend but hereís one of him from the begining of the year. There are also more photos of him dotted around the place on our website: www.aylmoreclassicaldressage.co.uk

Serious enquiries only to Tori (my wife, and Kazi's rider) at tori@aylmoreclassicaldressage.co.uk or 07763022161

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:33:01 PM by Mike A »
Mike Aylmore
www.aylmoreclassicaldressage.co.uk

EEHT & EET (level 3) covering Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire & Berkshire!

Offline Mike A

Re: FOR SALE: A super Classical Dressage Welsh Cob who certainly can!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
  • Publish
  •  Just to add following some messages received:

Kazi is for sale through absolutely no fault of his own. I bought him as a buy-to-sell project when he was a yearling but he snuck his way into my heart and is still with us *ahem* 7 years later (!) We have three horses and with the increasing success of our rehabilitation and training livery yard, we don't have the time to give Kazi the one-to-one I feel he deserves. Keeping 3 horses in work full time, as well as all of our paying guests and freelance work is also tricky! As Kazi stopped growing at 14-something-hh and didn't make the 15.1-2hh of his dam and sire, he is too small for Mike to also ride, unlike our other two horses. At 8yo, I've had to face facts that he is fully mature and not going to make the expected height!

We are not in any hurry whatsoever to sell Kazi and will be holding out for the right home, which I am sure will turn up sooner or later. In the meantime we are not actively advertising him, he is advert is on EE and our own business FB page only and I will continue to train Kazi on for my own pleasure until the right new human comes along :-)

I hope that helps to clarify for those who have enquired.

Thanks,
    Tori :)
    Mike Aylmore
    www.aylmoreclassicaldressage.co.uk

EEHT & EET (level 3) covering Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire & Berkshire!

Offline webble

Re: FOR SALE: A super Classical Dressage Welsh Cob who certainly can!
    « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wow he sounds and looks perfect hope you find someone special for him. I would snap him up in a heartbeat if I was looking