Amazon    Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: Ginger Snaps - permanent loan  (Read 5778 times)

Offline von10

• Joined-January
  • EE Society Member
Ginger Snaps - permanent loan
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • Some of you may have seen this on the FB EE horses for sale or loan.

Late this year I should be going to a sunnier climate to live and I'd like to see this boy settled and doing something. I will do a full  permanent loan with no loan fee (sister will do visits and I will keep in contact) and if in the future all is going well I would consider selling him (but not essential). This will not be taken lightly and I will require a contract and insurance for him to ensure should the worst happen he will get the treatment he needs ...

My sister has had Snap in work for a while now and all is going well. He is still rushing for the first 10-15 minutes, shooting off in trot when you put your leg on but pulls up easily. He needs someone who can sit quietly and let him have his little tiz and not take a pull, or he get upset and frustrated and will bunny hop. He has started to work in a soft outline in walk and trot, relaxing towards the end of the session. He is ultra sharp off the leg, we suspect he has been jabbed heavily with spurs  :cry: he is ridden in a flexEE and bitless bridle atm, with time a bit could be re-introduced. Pics and video available if anyone wants it.

He is quite introvert and looses his confidence in people easily, yet is the most darling boy to be around. He hasn't an ounce of malice in him and will happily be loved and pampered all day. When he isn't coping he goes back to the end of the lead rope and does mini rears only about 1 foot high (my sister tried coat glassing his mane - he didn't like the spray bottle. He let her put it on the brush and do it that way). He isn't nasty with it, it's just his way of letting you know he can't cope with what you are trying to do! The only other 2 occasions he has done it has been for worming (once) and the dentist 1st time - she had the gag swinging on her arm as she came in and he reared. He then let her put it on and is absolutely fine for teeth being done, she was just a bit too quick and loud and scared him. He must not be shouted at or he turns into a quivering wreck and won't let you near him.

He is currently at my sisters in Derbyshire for a few more weeks as she has a manege, he will then come back to me but I have a muddy clay field! He is bored with me and I think he'd prefer to be doing something. He has a great shoulder and would be an excellent driving cob for someone. The girl prior to me hacked him down a main road and he didn't bat an eyelid so as far as we know is good in traffic. He lunges beautifully and works off voice command/body language, and he has done some good inland work with me too.

I've had this boy 2.5 years now to stop him going back to the hell of markets so I'm not in a rush to move him on, and at the end of the day I will take him abroad if I have to. If you are serious about him PM me, please don't do like so many have done already off FB and be adamant about knowing how cheaply you can get him for before even talking to us or seeing him. However, I am confident no one from EE will do that though  :) Please also don't be offended that I will do a home check and require references ……. Snap's welfare WILL be put above any other issue, as he needs an understanding person who will hopefully give him a secure home.

Failing that can anyone teach him "Viva España"…  :rofl: :rofl:

Yx

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:16:52 AM by von10 »
    EET Level 1 North East Derbyshire

Knowing others makes you wise. Knowing yourself makes you Enlightened.

Offline crdodgeon

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    Re: Ginger Snaps - permanent loan
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:03:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hope you find a good home for him.  :hug:

Offline Fiona

• Joined -January
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • I had to unsubscribe from the EE horses for sale group after I ended up with two Arabs  :rolleyes:

I hope you find a lovely, EE home for him too.

But
    Late this year I should be going to a sunnier climate to live

How exciting! It's finally happening  :db:  I hope you love it - be sure we'll all be green with envy in our land of rain and mud  ;)

:hug:

Offline hannah

• Joined-April
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • Late this year I should be going to a sunnier climate to live

Can I come too?! Good luck finding him a home x
    EET covering Central and North Wiltshire, Cotswolds and surrounding areas.

Offline Tiber

• Joined-October
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • He sounds lovely and just what I'd be looking for if we could afford another one.  :cry:

And I know Pip's previous loaner would give me excellent references too. And Hon's more or less retired now.

Why did I look at this page?  :wall:

Honey, Pip and The Duckies in soggy mid-Wales.

Offline von10

• Joined-January
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:32:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • EET Level 1 North East Derbyshire

Offline Fiona

• Joined -January
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • Go on Judith, you know you want to  :db:

That way we can all follow his progress  :whistle:

Offline Tiber

• Joined-October
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • Go on Judith, you know you want to  :db:

That way we can all follow his progress  :whistle:

We really can't.  :cry: It's enough of a struggle with the two we've already got. I've just had to turn down the offer of my friend's horse who she can't keep and was hoping I could take. If we had our own land I'd go for it, but we pay for the field per horse not per acre.  :cry:

Honey, Pip and The Duckies in soggy mid-Wales.

Offline von10

• Joined-January
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
  • Publish
  •  :db: :db: :db: :db: :db:

I don't want to jinx things but we have a potential viewing Sunday. After 3 million tyre kickers and 'quick buck' makers we have someone who has asked the right questions and gone away to check she has the finances and support she needs. And she has come back to us  :) It will be a permanent loan so a bit of security that we will retain some measure of control and contact, plus she is fine about contract, home check etc. Maybe this boy is gonna get his chance….. that is if I can prise him out of my sisters grasp!!

Y.

Offline Louise C

• EE-Chat Moderator
      • Louise C & Flynn
    « Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • Good luck for Sunday!

Offline von10

• Joined-January
    • EE Society Member
    « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
  • Publish
  •  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It went well, very well! She is smitten and wants him, but I have sent her away for the week and asked her to come back a 2nd time on Saturday and to bring another person with her.

He was as always a complete star on the ground, a little tense when she got on but did nothing wrong at all. She isn't the most technical rider but he stayed generally very relaxed and happy. She sat quietly and just let him be, not pulling when he scooted into trot. She went with him and did 1/2 a circle rising before asking to walk ….. oh and she was off the lunge too  :db: 

We have never known how he was with traffic, but a tractor and trailer went down past the manage with a hay delivery, forks in the air …… he didn't even twitch an ear  :db:

So if all goes well on Saturday and we can sort out the bits and bobs, it looks like Snappy Doo Dah has someone to love him! Roll on fun rides, jumping and hacking for the little man.

Y.

Offline OliviaR

• Joined-November
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • YAY!
    Olivia with Billy and Inka the greyhounds :)

Tilly is off causing mayhem elsewhere!

Offline hannah

• Joined-April
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • Fingers crossed for you and Snap  :hug:
    EET covering Central and North Wiltshire, Cotswolds and surrounding areas.

Offline crdodgeon

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • Fingers crossed it all works out as well as it sounds it might  :db: :db: :db: :db:

Offline ParisDiamond

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »
  • Publish
  •  :yahoo:
    Tracey Brimble DAEP, North Somerset