Amazon    Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: Custom made Hackamore bridle  (Read 2510 times)

winnieandben

Custom made Hackamore bridle
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • I would really like to use an english hackamore on Jinx.  She has a non standard fit head though and the hackamore slides about on her face and the cheeks get really close to her eyes.  I picked up a German hackamore for her to experiment with fit etc and it fits so much better.  I rode her out on a hack with it today but really not keen on the action with it (just rode with reins at buckle today!) but have played about with it on her in the stable.

So would like to try and design something to use with the english hackamore shanks and have it made.  I have a good saddler and I am sure he would like a challenge  :whistle:  Anyone any ideas to help me with design?????  :)

Thanks

PS I have been waiting a long time for Heather to get her hackamore bridle on the go  :whistle: but cant wait any longer  :sad:

ukica

Re: Custom made Hackamore bridle
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • No ideas, but is there anything you like here?

http://markusholst.com/tack+shop/Hackamore

winnieandben

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ooh, pretty things!!!!  :wub: :whistle: just grabbing something to eat before going to ride so will have a proper look later  :db:

ukica

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »
  • Publish
  • Have a look at the tellington side pull called a lindel.....google it....some of the elements from there you could show to your saddler as she has designed it really well so there is no slippage.

winnieandben

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »
  • Publish
  •  :db: Thanks for that.  Think thats what it needs the strap under the jaw and the nose piece made to measure for her. :nod:

orangezebra

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • Did u get one made OP?

Im looking for a hackamore but havnt found any nice quality ones :angry:

winnieandben

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi there.  I still havent got round to getting one made, still using a standard english hackamore.  Hope to get one sorted soon  :nod: