Author Topic: Sprenger KK and Neue Schule  (Read 7383 times)

winnieandben

Sprenger KK and Neue Schule
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:51:11 PM »
Is there a difference other than price looking at a KK bit for Jinx and the Neue Schule that is similar is the tranz angled lozenge, are the sprengers better?

Offline Wendy

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
Re: Sprenger KK and Neue Schule
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »
:nod: The sprengers are LUSH. They are beautifully smooth. I got the one with the rubber covered lozengy/roller thing for Marley - it is a lot lighter than the dynamic.

The Neue schule are nice but they are clunky and not as smoothly shaped compared to the sprenger.

But horses for courses as ever.
"A straight horse isn't a horse without bending, but a horse that uses his four legs to step forward in the direction of movement.''
Gustav Steinbrecht (18081885)

Offline Mossy

• joined-January
  • EE Society Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »
I have a KK for Moss and a Nue Schule for Con. Any suggestion of a swap is not greeted favourably, so the experts say that there is a difference.
Mossy

What am I, that one so big and powerful as you should trust me and do my bidding?

Offline ChrissieW

• Joined-August
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
I've not used Neue Scheule, except had their Mors Lotte Pelham which Minnie didn't like so sold it (but that was more the type of mouth piece rather than bit), but have pretty much always had her in Sprengers from a 4 year old and I wouldn't use anything else for her now, but that's just her (my last mare was much simpler and cheaper and only went in Happy Mouth bits - Minnie of course likes to be high maintenance  :rolleyes: :laugh:).

I've got the WH Ultra Soft same as Wendy and Minnie goes better in that than she used to in her KK.     I buy mine from an Ebay seller who imports from Germany, as much cheaper - think I paid around 70 for mine, but they normally retail much higher.

Having said that my friend has used NS bits very successfully on her mare, so it is horses for courses.

Weirdly on the pelham front Minnie loves her dirt cheap jointed Mark Todd Rugby Pelham, although I have occasionally had my eye on a Sprenger jointed pelham, but they are seriously expensive, so I have resisted so far.

The quality of Sprenger bits though is indisputable.     Minnie's original KK bit is now about 10 years old and I still use it for my lunge cavesson.     Wasn't there some issue a while back (long while) about NS bits breaking?   Am sure I read this on here a few years ago now.
Chrissie - West Sussex, UK

Offline Wendy

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:01:55 AM »
The quality of Sprenger bits though is indisputable.     Minnie's original KK bit is now about 10 years old and I still use it for my lunge cavesson.     Wasn't there some issue a while back (long while) about NS bits breaking?   Am sure I read this on here a few years ago now.

They used to do a lovely snaffle with a roller, I think they called it a comfort snaffle something like that. It was the only one Bunbury went reasonably well in and they withdrew it so I had to send it back for a refund! Yes I think a few of them had broken. But it was quite different to the normal lozenge NS bits.

I've got the WH Ultra Soft same as Wendy and Minnie goes better in that than she used to in her KK.     I buy mine from an Ebay seller who imports from Germany, as much cheaper - think I paid around 70 for mine, but they normally retail much higher.

That's where I got mine from as well. I would certainly buy from her again.  :nod:
"A straight horse isn't a horse without bending, but a horse that uses his four legs to step forward in the direction of movement.''

winnieandben

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »
Thanks all, have tried NS in the past and it was certainly one of the better bits for Jinx who is incredibly fussy in her mouth.  Had a chat with my Vet this morning and he is coming out to see her and check / do teeth in a fortnight to make sure all is OK.  Think I will try sprenger then.  :nod:

Offline Wendy

• Joined-November
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
I had Marley in a sprenger dynamic for a while and it is a lovely lovely bit but it folds so much it was folding forward and over his emerging upper canines. So I have switched to the Ultra Soft which fits his mouth a lot better. He has quite a short mouth. Just something to be aware of if Jinx is still teething.

Offline shoveltrash

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »
i SWEAR by the hanging cheek snaffle ("baucher").  i use an el-cheapo brand french link baucher bit for Nico - and have tried switching back to regular loose rings, etc.  he LOVES this bit.  and has historically been very very fussy in the mouth.  i think it is due to the fact that the bit is more 'suspended' in the mouth, and does not lay on the bars.
have you tried one?????
KK makes one......but it is VERY expensive :-X
Trish - Boca Raton, Florida, USA

"If we are conscientious, beautiful roses can grow from the manure of our recognized and corrected mistakes."
Erik Herbermann

Offline Mossy

• joined-January
  • EE Society Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
I wish KK did a mullen pelham. I want a non stainless Pelham for Mossy. He is not fussy in his mouth but he hates stainless steel in any shape or form. He leans on it, backs off it and will do anything in his power to register his total objection to that horrible thing in his gob!! His rubber one is great but a tad large and easy to chew.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:34:19 PM by Mossy »
Mossy

What am I, that one so big and powerful as you should trust me and do my bidding?

Offline ChrissieW

• Joined-August
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Mossy - what about the Neue Schule Mors Lotte one?     I sold the one I had to a friend and her mare goes really well in it.    Minnie didn't just because she strangely prefers a jointed pelham mouthpiece even though that's not really correct.

Offline Mossy

• joined-January
  • EE Society Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
At that price I would want to trial it first!!!
Mossy

Offline ChrissieW

• Joined-August
  • Expired Membership
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Actually just reading I don't think they make it any more anyway, I got mine 2nd hand from Ebay and sold it again for 40, so didn't lose money.      Seems both NS and Sprenger only do jointed pelhams which seems a bit odd  :cc_confused: