Amazon    Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: Tribuna Lusitana  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Heather

• Administrator
Tribuna Lusitana
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • http://www.tribunalusitana.com/

Some of the best films about the Lusitano and trainers/breeders of this wonderful breed. The films are beautifully produced, and have a class and gentility about them that is a rarity in todays world. A pain to download if you have crap broadband like mine, but well worth the wait!!! :db:

Offline EmmaB

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
    Re: Tribuna Lusitana
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Fab!!  :db:  :db:  :db:
    Thanks for pointing it out, loved the OC one!

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • I just love the films- it seems they plan to do one a week- what a treat!! :db:

Offline renta

• Joined-August
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • EmmaB said it. :db: :db:

Offline demevrouw

• Joined-January
    • Expired Membership
      • http://www.dohm.nl
    « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:40:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • How did they get that impressive black stallion (?) to stand so relaxed en quietly during that interview? :ohmy:  Without him even so much as looking at that very tempting plant!??  :D
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:42:49 AM by demevrouw »
    Claudia (The Hague, Netherlands)

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 04:49:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • HI Claudia, good to see you popping in!!

I have seen many stallions standing just as quietly, even all in line tied up to be groomed and ridden, at Luis Valencas and other places in Portugal. :nod:

Btw, I am getting one or two people asking me when I am coming back to Holland! If you think there would be enough interest for a clinic again next year, may be able to do something. I will ask Monya too.

Offline cirocco

• Joined-March
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • Heather. Stallions here are a total nightmare in company, so whats the difference in their training

How are they treated differently to the ones here who have no manners whatsoever.

Offline Heather

• Administrator
    « Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • They are not all a nightmare, here Penny. I have known some very well mannered stallions, of all breeds here in the UK, and some that are a nightmare. Usually depends on handling and management, as with most horses.  :nod:

Offline Belbe

• Joined-February
    • Expired Membership
      • Belbe's Art Gallery
    « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Usually depends on handling and management, as with most horses.  :nod:

Yes, I've seen disasters happen here when they set up stable boys that were only used to working with mares and geldings to handle stallions! the poor boys can behave just as nice, the problem is they have different handling "specifications"... maybe we should start ordering them with an instructions manual! I remmember It took me quite some time to get used to comunicating with my naughty stallion and when I did all geldings and mares got wary of me wilst my stallion couldn't be a happier giant pup! I was like, HUH? then had to learn to deal with mares and geldings all over...  :doh:

and unfostunately this is not a portuguese mastery... wish it was! I know yards here that use lots of stallions in school but keep them confined all the time as they state them to be "VERY DANGEROUS". So they're allowed to be squished between leg and hand, under a roof and 4 walls or between 3 walls and door with manger getting slapped in the face everytime they poke out so sniff passers by...  :cry:
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:15:04 PM by Belbe »
    "... you leave it to horse people to put tradition ahead of science." _Pete Ramey