Amazon† † Fibre Feeds

Author Topic: A new treatment for Sweet Itch?  (Read 4494 times)

Offline rvialls

• My website
A new treatment for Sweet Itch?
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • Some of you may know that I dabble in nutritional approaches to improving horsesí feet. Along the way, one of the approaches I was trialling showed a marked improvement in sweet itch symptoms.

Iíve been doing small scale trials over the summer on sweet itch cases and the early results are very promising. Every horse so far shows good levels of improvement and the less serious cases show virtually no sweet itch symptoms.

The next stage is to go to a larger scale trial and Iím looking for people with horses with sweet itch to join the trial. Unfortunately, I canít afford to give the product away but Iím charging around what it costs me while I get some more data on effectiveness. Iím also offering an extra free pot to the first 50 people who give me feedback on how the product works and an additional free pot to the first 25 people who send me before and after photos.

Iíve set up a web site to explain more about the trial and to handle shipping the trial packs out to people. If youíve got a horse with sweet itch (doesnít matter whether itís really mild or very severe), please take a look at: www.sweetrelief.co.uk

winnieandben

Re: A new treatment for Sweet Itch?
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Just on my lunch break so no time to look just now, will have a look this evening if I get the chance.  I am very interested I have a pretty severe SI horse.  :)

Offline janehon

• Joined-June
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have a sweetitchy horse too so will have a look.  :nod:

Offline Icy Lady

• Joined-November
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • Me too, I have a horse who has suffered for years so it would be good to try something else that might help.
    Tadley, Hampshire

Offline Wendy

• Joined-November
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
  • Publish
  • I've just ordered some of this for Diesel.  :db:

How are the trials going so far, Richard? Wrong time of year for much feedback I guess...
    "A straight horse isn't a horse without bending, but a horse that uses his four legs to step forward in the direction of movement.''
    Gustav Steinbrecht (1808Ė1885)

Offline rvialls

• My website
    « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
  • Publish
    Wrong time of year for much feedback I guess

That pretty much covers it at the moment, yes. I'm not expecting much in the way of results until spring, although the few bits of feedback I had before Xmas were mostly positive.

Offline intouch

• Joined-August
    • Expired Membership
      • intouch equestrian
    « Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »
  • Publish
  • I've been using it all winter, and am looking forward to seeing how it stands up to spring midges!  We have 4" mane and dock hair  now, will continue to use fly rug when necessary.  We were on that vile brown stuff last year, which helped a bit but I'm really hoping SR powder works!

Offline ChrissieW

• Joined-August
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • Interesting, I missed this post last year, thanks Intouch for bringing it back up.     Would be very interested to hear of people's views as they come into Spring.   

I don't think Daisy has sweetitch as such, but last year she did have an allergy to something and was very itchy and having such a fine coat she ended up looking a bit of a patchy bald pone.
    Chrissie - West Sussex, UK

Offline Icy Lady

• Joined-November
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have just started two of mine on it so will wait and see ................. fingers crossed!
    Tadley, Hampshire

Offline ChrissieW

• Joined-August
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 10:35:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • Any feedback on this?
    Chrissie - West Sussex, UK

Offline Wendy

• Joined-November
    • Expired Membership
    « Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • I have had Diesel on this for a year now. It is hard to say if it helped him at all. He has not had a bad year but has certainly not been si free even with his rug on. As usual at this time of year I am having to use switch on him. I don't think I will be using the sweet relief next year, sadly.

"A straight horse isn't a horse without bending, but a horse that uses his four legs to step forward in the direction of movement.''
    Gustav Steinbrecht (1808Ė1885)

Offline intouch

• Joined-August
    • Expired Membership
      • intouch equestrian
    « Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 12:29:53 AM »
  • Publish
  • Pleased to say we have a full mane and just a tiny rub on the dock, her face wasn't nearly as bad as previous years (no mask) and cleared up quite quickly.