Author Topic: More Feet Photos!  (Read 1144 times)

0dd

More Feet Photos!
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:20:11 PM »
i took some on the 3-week-point! link is in my signiture ^.^

do you think there is much change?
i think on the underneath views that the heels are actually flatter.. hopefully means he's been walking on them! (where as while shod he was just walking on his soles).
any comments? :unsure:

edit: on the right-foot side-view you can also see the most inconveniently positioned cut above his hoof.. hopefully we can start using our boots again next week!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:22:54 PM by 0dd »

cptrayes

More Feet Photos!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 10:28:54 PM »
You need to ask?  :D  :D  :D

They look fantastic after 3 weeks to me - what a lot of growth! Just a warning so you don't get disappointed - with flare like that, you will get great improvement quickly, then slower improvement and then you might actually think the flare is getting worse. What happens is that the flare moves further down the foot, so the dip in the middle is more obvious, and also there is thicker horn reaching the bottom, so the flare is physically thicker and that makes it look even worse. I had kittens when it happened to Tetley until I worked out that though it looked worse it was actually because it was better.

Nice trimming - who's doing it???

C.

0dd

More Feet Photos!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 10:35:36 PM »
errr Jane, someone.. i forget her last name :lol:
someone else on my yard has her and is on this forum, he knows, but he doesn't post too often!

i know what you mean about the flare!
and is it just me.. or is there some more straighter growth emerging??

he also seems to be getting more a hoof wall.. if you know what i mean!

also also also aaaalso.. i'm not sure if this is just me or i think his heels have gone back a cm or two.. or he's just knocked a bit off to impress me! :D

i'll get his boots on this weekend *fingers crossed weather is decent* and take him around the block (road :o !)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:37:09 PM by 0dd »

cptrayes

More Feet Photos!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:55 PM »
yes of course, more hoof wall, heels have come back, top is straighter for about 10mm since last time (so flare is slightly more obvious but actually better). They look like they are doing just great.

Have fun with the boots on this weekend.

C.  

dandeliontwine

More Feet Photos!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 09:53:46 AM »
Looks like a great deal of improvement!  How exciting!   :D

Any pictures of the back feet?  Are they fine or also underrun or something else?

0dd

More Feet Photos!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 11:33:08 AM »
Any pictures of the back feet?  Are they fine or also underrun or something else?
his hinds have been barefoot for 10 months now, and they're nicely concaved and not too flared as far as i can remember :lol:
i just wish i'd taken a piccy back then to see what they were like, since people have been telling me that he'll never survive barefoot because of his flat soles!

he only had his back shoes removed so that he could have egg-bars up front (which were verrrrry expensive) so i wasn't taking much notice of his hinds at the time!

i have noticed in a pic of him (after a week of owning him) that his hind feet were SO flared. why people think it's actually "good" for him to be in shoes is beyond me! :blink: