Author Topic: Modifying Easyboot Epics!  (Read 1013 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
Modifying Easyboot Epics!
« on: August 11, 2005, 05:54:17 PM »
i've heard somewhere on this board of people modifying their easyboots.

we tried them for the first time on ben earlier, and when we finally got them on, they were a nice fit.

when i took them off though, we noticed that pieces of corregated rubber on the inside of the boot have rubbed/marked the side of his hoof.

is there a way to prevent this? he may not be able to feel it, but it can't be good for that to happen. i've heard some people just flattened the metal pieces underneath?

all suggestions welcome!!


  • Guest
Modifying Easyboot Epics!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:55:13 PM »
Have you read your other thread "boots and pads"? :D  

Offline Pondrider

  • Expired Membership
  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 76
    • http://
Modifying Easyboot Epics!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 12:15:23 AM »
With mine, I got a better fit by taking out the side-screws to completely remove the back-strap behind the heels ( cutting it off of the metal plates) , then re-inserting the metal side plates after their teeth had been hammered flat.

No nasty rubbed heels, and as long as I keep the silly sharp screw-heads covered with stick-on padding, no rubbed coronets either (we use thick leather pads in the bottom to lift the whole foot up sufficiently to enable the coronet to be just above the rim of the boot ) .

Wonder why they don't fit semi-dome-headed screws like the Equi-boot used to use - they didn't chafe!

For alternative firm sole lifts, the Stromsholm type "soft" plastic hoof cushions can be cut to shape with a stanley knife - just don't slice the top of a finger off like I accidently did  :rolleyes:   Oops!


  • Guest
Modifying Easyboot Epics!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 08:06:23 AM »
When I used them several years ago for intensive roadwork with a barefoot pony (I've been barefoot since long before its recent rise in popularity) I used self-adhesive Chiropodist's moleskin, made by Scholl or a cheaper knock-off, as protection from teeth, screws, hard bits, and to snug them up in places where they were a bit slack or looked as if there might be a possibility of abrasion.