Author Topic: French Equitation, vv Modern competition methods- UPDATE!!  (Read 30166 times)

Offline Erin's mum

• Joined-july
  • Expired Membership
Re: French Equitation, vv Modern competition methods- UPDATE!!
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Wow! Sounds fantastic Heather :db: and like Christina says, such a positive way to start the year! Your boys are so lucky to have such a fantastic trainer, owner and friend as you and sounds like its all paying off :) Please can we have some more pics/videos soon though!

Its great to hear everyone elses experiences too! Going to the demo/clininc in aberdeen october last year and seeing how things could and (imo.) should be done really was a turning point for me! We've still got a hell of alot to learn and I in particular have a hell of a lot to work on but being guided along by some fantastic instruction and schooling very much so in a slower and more collected manner than before I am really seeing a change. We were watching a video a couple of weeks ago from when we first got Erin and it was really an eye-opener to see how far we have actually come though it has taken a few false-starts and a lot of stress along the way! I'm just so pleased things have turned out the way they have!

Another thing that has also changed is the amount of time I now spend schooling in walk- i never could have imagined before how much could be done, let alone that a whole lesson could consist of just walk and yet be so useful! Over the past few days even, with all the snow thats about, i've only been able to school on the arena in walk but I think it really has helped! With lots of lateral movements, shortening and lengthening and bits of CW and rein back, I have really felt such a difference and now can't wait to get back to trotting again to see what we can do. I sneaked in a couple of strides today and got the most collected and uphill transition I think I have ever had and I can't wait for more :D

I'm just so glad I found this place- god knows what i'd be doing now otherwise! So thanks Heather! :nod:
Emily+co in sunny(?) Scotland xx

Offline 1 morejump

• Joined-January
  • Expired Membership
  • All that and a bag of chips!
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2008, 03:48:12 AM »
What a great way to start the year Heather! :db:

I need to have Lance's teeth floated and then I would love to try all this out, heck I would love to ride regularly again. :rolleyes: I do think I need to read up on it though, I have so many different ideas of the CW floating around in my head it isn't even funny! :wacko:
Mary and Lance
Parker, Colorado

Way out west where the wild sun sets and the coyotes bay at the moon.

Offline Elinda

• Expired Membership
Did you see my clip of David Oliveira at the EU working equitation champs?

ok, somehow i missed this entire thread ... and am furiously catching up  :;/

can't find the clip ... can anyone offer a link?

heading back to read more ... TIA

elinda
Elinda - Utah, USA
EE Fhoenix Agent & Success Coach
http://botanicals4animals.com
Investigate Success Coaching for Horse Owners & Trainers - contact ElindaMc@gmail.com

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
Vicki had just posted it again on  the 'inspirational riding' thread, Elinda!

http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=885CBC92CB111C9F

There you go...........

Heather

JandT

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2008, 08:42:31 PM »
Oh - gulp - I can see where I have been going wrong with my horse now.  I have been riding him "long and low" when I would have been much better not to!

He isn't ruined, just not as good as he should be, and still at the Prelim stage!

Offline Heather

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
Long and low done in a stretching way, with head still at the vertical wont hurt Jan, it is only when the head is btv and almost between the knees that it is too extreme, or in the dreaded rollkur practised by many top dressage riders :(. I am sure you wont have done him any harm!

Heather